Dexter found a new snuggling friend.
Alright but have you considered
- Letter found in an old notebook AU
- Road trip across the country and accidentally crossing paths AU
- Work at the same shitty restaurant and have all the same shitty shift times AU
- Record store AU
- basically just like a coffee shop AU but with music
- Always getting the same cashier when checking out at Target no matter what day it is AU
- 1950’s diner AU
- GREASER/SOCS AU OH MY GOD
- 'What the fuck are you doing it's midnight why are you playing 'My Heart Will Go On' on the piano' AU
- Alternatively, ‘I’m going to lean out the window and sing along until you fucking stop and wonder who else is singing’ AU
- Youtubers AU
- Found the phone number of an old childhood friend in some box at the back of you closet and decided to call it to see if it still worked AU
- 'I live in the apartment below yours and I keep getting your mail this needs to stop dammit' AU
- Going up to the mountains for Christmas and getting stuck at the ski resort bc of bad weather AU
- ENGLISH LOVE AFFAIR AU
- Going to the fair and rocking the Ferris wheel seat so the person sitting next to you clings to you like a lifeline AU
- 'Maybe if we met before the apocalypse I could have loved you properly.' AU
- Walked into the wrong classroom and didn’t realise until halfway through AU
- Hugged to wrong person from behind AU
- Waved back at someone who wasn’t waving to you in the first place AU
- Model who looks and acts really professional at the photo shoot but is actually a huge nerd AU
- 'Your cat keeps getting into my house and I don't even know how would you care to explain' AU
- 'I forgot to do my homework so I'm just going to copy off of you and hope that you didn't get the answers wrong' AU
- Stole a car with someone sleeping in the back seat [Turns out that the car had already been stolen so basically you just stole a stolen car] AU
Over 700 Jefferson County High School students are staging walkouts and protests over proposed changes to the Advanced Placement History curriculum. According to Colorado Public Radio:
Last week, a school board member proposed that advanced placement history classes be required to promote free enterprise and patriotism and be required to avoid classroom materials that encourage social strife or civil disobedience. Two high schools in Jefferson County closed Friday after dozens of teachers called in sick in protest.
According the online petition to be delivered to the School District:
Jeffco Public School Board has just proposed a change of curriculum stating that, “Materials should not encourage or condone civil disorder, social strife or disregard of the law. Instructional materials should present positive aspects of the United States and its heritage.”
This means that important parts of our history such as the Civil Rights Movement, Native American genocide, and slavery will not be taught in public schools. If these important lessons are not taught, children will not learn from them, and what will stop them from happening again? This is a severe form of censorship intended to keep the youth ignorant and easy to manipulate. I’m hoping to get enough signatures to prove that this is a public issue, so, please, if this is important to you, please sign. Do not let our youth grow up in ignorance; we all deserve the truth!
You can sign the petition here.
Thanks to theseacaptainsdaughter for dropping a link in my inbox.
UPDATE: Over 40,000 people signed the petition, which was presented to the School Board, but this backlash to APUSH isn’t only happening in Colorado:
But at last week’s session of the Jefferson County Board of Education, hundreds of people lined up two hours in advance to get in. One man waved a copy of George Orwell’s “1984” at the board. Two high school students hauled in cardboard boxes containing 40,000 signatures to a petition they had circulated online. Another one told the five-member panel, “America was founded on what you are trying to prevent!”
Jefferson County has become ground zero for a new culture fight — this time over how to teach U.S. history to high-achieving 10th-graders.
On Sept. 19, the Texas State Board of Education went on record against allowing the new AP curriculum framework in state classrooms. Legislators and activists in South Carolina and Tennessee are discussing similar moves. And at its summer meeting in August, the Republican National Committee passed a resolution branding the curriculum “a radically revisionist view of American history that emphasizes negative aspects of our nation’s history while omitting or minimizing positive aspects.”
You can’t pick and choose what parts of feminism you want. You can’t support your queer sisters but not your trans sisters. You can’t support your fat sisters but not your sisters of colour. Being a feminist means creating a positive and equal space for women. The second you start excluding women based on which characteristics you do or do not find appealing you have defeated the whole point of being a feminist.
LETS PETITION FOR FRIENDS TO GO TO ALL NETFLIX NOT JUST AMERICAN NETFLIX YEAH
FRIENDS is coming to Netflix!!!!
I haven’t updated my avatar in, like, two years. Also my blog has no banner.
Time to doodle a cartoon version of myself again!
Send me a ”hey” and i’ll do this:
1. First impression:
2. Truth is:
3. How old do you look:
4. Have you ever made me laugh:
5. Have you ever made me mad:
6. Best feature:
7. Have I ever had a crush on you:
8. You’re my:
9. Name in my phone:
10. Should you post this too?
the reason why it’s not coming back up is because you guys keep refreshing
if you noticed the guru meditation XID keeps going up
XID: 132370973 for me
that’s how many processes it has gotten while being down
132,370,973 refreshes from all of you
please spread the word so we can get the server back up soon
if you want to see the update replica CLICK HERE